Find out how we’re serving women, children, and families as they navigate the transitions of pregnancy, pregnancy loss, and parenthood.
What we do
Life is a UK pregnancy support charity. Through our services, in 2022, we helped 44,281 people meet pregnancy or pregnancy loss with courage and dignity so they can flourish.
Beautiful and compassionate listening
Free emotional help, counselling, and skilled listening via phone, text, email, or in person.
Housing and community support around the country for mums and their babies.
Practical support and necessities
Free pregnancy tests and baby supplies.
Inspiration and resources on your pregnancy journey
Crafting content that educates the public about pregnancy, pregnancy loss, and our work.
Creating a world where no one faces pregnancy or pregnancy loss alone
Pregnancy, motherhood, parenting, adoption, and pregnancy loss – these are experiences that go to the core of what it means to be human. Life is a gentle, non-judgmental support for the thousands of people every day who are navigating their way through their pregnancy or pregnancy loss journeys.
We’re here to walk alongside them as they transition their life and work through the changes that these journeys bring. Through our services, we’re there for them as they make new plans, learn new skills, see their own strengths, and find a new way to flourish.
Thanks to our supporters like you, together we’re making an incredible difference:
- In 2022, we helped 44,281 people who were facing pregnancy or pregnancy loss.
- Every month, Life gives emotional and practical help to an average of 596 people affected by pregnancy or pregnancy loss.
- More than 12,000 mums and babies have been housed by Life. At any one time, we’re housing approximately 200 mums and babies in our network of 19 Life Houses.
- More than 1.25 million people have heard a presentation by Life about our work.
- Every month, an average of 1,437 people ask Life for a free pregnancy test.
- Tens of thousands of volunteers, supporters, and donors have joined together to create a world where no one faces pregnancy or pregnancy loss alone.
Pregnancy and pregnancy loss can have profound, life-changing consequences for all involved, and they are sometimes sensitive topics to talk about.
Our approach to our work is therefore guided by our values – humanity, solidarity, community, charity, and the common good – and by our commitment to offering high-quality, trustworthy services accredited and regulated by relevant organisations.
This approach enables us to have the greatest positive and life-affirming impact on the people we serve – women, children, fathers, families, and the wider community.
Get involved and take part in events that raise money for Life – all while having an excellent time!
Learn new skills, make friends, and get that warm glow knowing you’re making the world a better place.
Partner with us financially to help people meet pregnancy or pregnancy loss with courage and dignity.