About the Volunteer Skilled Listener role
Volunteer Manager: Director of Pregnancy Matters™ Online
Available locations: Home / remote
Commitment: Minimum one three-hour rota slot on the National Helpline per week and be part of an extended cover team when necessary OR one day’s cover on Email and Text-to-Talk service (this can be two half-days) per week.
What you'll be doing
- Giving counselling to Life’s clients.
- Supporting up to three ongoing clients as needed.
- Adhering to monthly supervision needs as required by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Life will contribute to supervision costs but we don’t cover full costs.
- Monthly continued professional development (CPD).
- Attending volunteer meetings on Microsoft Teams.
- Attending Life’s annual in-person continued professional development for the counselling team.
- Adhering to Life’s Terms of Service and relevant policies to maintain high standards of service.
What you'll need
- A recognised training provider’s certificate in Level 2 or Level 3 Counselling Skills or Counselling Skills and Theory. We can provide this training for you if required. No formal experience is needed.
- A friendly and helpful attitude.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good organisation and IT skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and use your initiative.
- Aged 18 years old or over.
You’ll need to complete an Enhanced DBS check for this role, which we’ll pay for.