About the Retail Stock Room Volunteer role
Volunteer Manager: Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager
Available locations: You can join the team as a Retail Stock Room Volunteer at any of the following locations – Belfast Shop, Breaston Shop, Derby Shop, Leicester Shop, Manchester Shop, Nuneaton Shop, Rugby Shop, Wolverhampton Shop.
Commitment: Minimum two hours per week; we’d love it if you could do more. Shifts vary and can be between one and seven hours long. You can agree timings with your volunteer manager. Most of our Life Shops are open six days a week.
What you'll be doing
- Sorting donated items and preparing them for sale.
- Delivering stock as required to the Life Shop floor.
- Using a clothes steamer and tagging price labels on to clothing items.
- Identifying unsaleable donations for recycling.
- Keeping the sort room organised, tidy, safe, and secure.
As a way of saying thank you, all Retail volunteers get a 20% discount when buying items in our Life Shops.
What you'll need
- A friendly and helpful attitude.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Patience, sensitivity, and reliability.
- Previous stock room experience isn’t required but is a bonus.
No formal experience is needed – we provide all the training!